Fenway Health is pleased to announce that our 1340 Boylston St. location has achieved Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) PRIME Certification status. The Massachusetts Health Policy Commission (HPC) awards PRIME certification to health care facilities that are committed to integrating behavioral health and primary care services.
This certification is in addition to our current NCQA PCMH Level 3 status and is offered only here in Massachusetts. PRIME status serves to recognize Fenway’s efforts to integrate behavioral health care and primary care. We’re honored to also be one of the highest scoring certified PCMH PRIME practices to date.
1340 Boylston St. is the second Fenway Health location to be recognized as a PCMH PRIME certified health center. In October, Fenway: South End became the first practice in the state to attain PCMH PRIME certification.
PCMH PRIME identifies components key to the integration of behavioral health care into primary care, and certifies practices that meet a majority of these criteria. The program seeks to provide benefits to practices and their patients by:
- Supporting the use of evidence-based guidelines in treating patients;
- Helping increase patient access to behavioral health care services;
- Recognizing practices that deliver comprehensive care by addressing both physical and behavioral health in the practice setting;
- Providing opportunities for practices to receive technical assistance from the HPC; and
- Helping practices identify behavioral health issues, before they become acute, resulting in better outcomes and improved patient experience.
Congratulations to our providers and staff on this wonderful achievement!
Want to receive email updates about what’s happening at Fenway Health? Sign up here.